Terms & Conditions
1. You will pay us the balance of the purchase price before the goods are dispatched.
2a. You will allow delivery to take place within the estimated delivery period. If within 2 weeks of the end of the estimated delivery period, you are unable to accept an appointment for delivery, 80% of the purchase price is then payable and delivery will follow as soon as is reasonably practicable between us.
2b. If the goods are not delivered within the estimated delivery period stated in the contract, you may write to us requiring goods to be delivered within two weeks. If the goods are not delivered within this extended period, you may cancel any outstanding goods covered by the contract without penalty to yourself by sending us a letter advising us of your wishes. We recommend that you send this letter by recorded delivery. In addition, you will be entitled to a refund of any monies, which represent a payment for the outstanding goods, by us in excess of any goods already supplied by ourselves.
2c. We shall not be liable for any delay in the delivery of goods, which arises from the causes beyond our control (eg. Flooding, fire, civil disturbances, strikes action by others, criminal damage etc.)
2d. We will deliver your glass and mirror panels to your property but are not able to 1. lift the glass into place 2. carry the goods upstairs. As most deliveries of panels weigh in excess of 30kg we would recommend that you arrange for a competent person to be available to assist the driver in unloading. It is the responsibility of the buyer to check that glass panels are not in excess of size or weight restrictions for delivery and/or installation.
3. All designs remain the property of Go Glass and should not be used without prior permission, this includes all coloured lead designs, etched sandblasted designs and the project standard range of etched designs. This applies to both standard and bespoke work.
4a. We guarantee to repair or replace free of charge any double-glazing units due to defective materials or workmanship within 5 years of the date of installation. You must notify us of any claim under the terms of this guarantee within 28 days of the discovery of the fault. You should preferably notify us by sending a recorded delivery letter.
4b. Despite the fact that your statutory rights remain unaffected, this guarantee does not extend to minor imperfections within the glass and outside the scope of visual quality standards of the glass and glazing federation. Damage due to misuse, neglect or lack of maintenance by you. Specialist items installed e.g. electrical ventilators, batteries etc, where the normal guarantee will apply.
5. We will deliver goods supplied to the tolerances as laid down by the Glass and Glazing Federation.
6. The buyer should inspect the goods immediately upon delivery. We will not be liable for any claims in respect of defects which should reasonably have been discovered by the buyer on inspection or after a signature has been obtained.
7. The unloading of goods is the responsibility of the buyer and no charge will be accepted by the seller for this operation.
8. Your glass will be quality checked and packaged for safe delivery. You should check that the goods are not broken before you sign the courier’s paperwork. Goods should not be signed for “unchecked”. Please also check the number of cartons delivered relate to the paperwork and labels on the glass. Once accepted you should unpackage the glass and report any visual defects i.e scratches or damage directly to Go Glass on 01223 211041 WITHIN 24 HOURS. Once this period has elapsed no claims can be accepted for damaged glass.
9. All Goods purchased directly from our website are covered by the statutory right to cancel within seven working days with the exception of bespoke custom items including decorative work and glass and mirror products custom made to size including glass doors, shower enclosures and all decorative work. Once an order is confirmed it is not possible to cancel or amend the order unless agreed with our sales staff.
10. We shall retain ownership of all goods until you have finished paying for them.